g.USBamp-RESEARCH: Specs & Features
g.USBamp-RESEARCH - gtec's highest accuracy biosignal data acquisition and processing system
g.USBamp-RESEARCH is a high-performance and high-accuracy biosignal amplifier and acquisition/processing system. It allows investigation of brain-, heart- and muscle-activity, eye movements, respiration, galvanic skin response and many other physiological and physical parameters. Due to its technical specifications and various software options, this instrument became a standard for many different fields of research, including neuropsychology, life science and biofeedback/neurofeedback/BCI research.
g.USBamp-RESEARCH is USB enabled
and comes with 16
simultaneously sampled biosignal
channels with 24 bits. A total of 4 independent grounds
guarantee no interference between the recorded signals. The amplifier connects easily to the USB socket on your PC/notebook and can immediately be used for data recording. Build a multi-channel system with more than 16 channels using multiple g.USBamp-RESEARCH devices. A synchronization cable guarantees that all devices are sampling with exactly the same frequency.
The amplifier has an input range of ± 250 mV, which allows recording of DC signals without saturation.
Digital inputs and outputs allow the recording of trigger channels together with the biosignal channels to easily pass analysis results to the outside world. A short-cut input allows connecting the amplifier inputs quickly to ground potential to protect the amplifier against overflows, which may occur in operating rooms with gamma knifes or other environments.
g.USBamp-RESEARCH is intended to be used for research applications only. It is not intended to be used as a medical device nor for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other medical applications. The features of the device are freely accessible and configurable.
Pricing starts from 11.350 Euro for a g.USBamp-RESEARCH.
- 16 DC-coupled wide-range input channels per unit, 4 independent grounds, record any type of signal (EEG/ECG/EMG/EOG/spikes/...), connect various sensors, stack units for 32/48/64/... channels.
- 24-bit resolution with simultaneous sampling of all channels with up to 38.4 kHz, digital signal filtering and preprocessing, connect via USB 2.0.
- Works with passive and with active electrodes, 8 digital trigger inputs/unit, 4 digital outputs/unit, new simplified synchronization of units.
- Internal digital bandpass and notch filters, built-in calibration unit and impedance checking.
- Easy configuration and setup via the software, high-speed online data processing for SIMULINK and for LabVIEW available, recommended by BCI2000 & approved under OpenViBE
- Driver package/API available
- Used for research applications only
More Product Details
EEG RECORDING DURING TMS STIMULATION
The following figure shows EEG recordings with the g.USBamp-RESEARCH during TMS stimulation with a TMS device from Mag&More. A g.GAMMAcap (size M) was prepared with passive g.LADYbird electrodes and the sampling rate was set to 38.400 Hz and no filters were selected. All electrode locations were prepared with abrasive gel to get a low electrode impedance. The TMS stimulation was done with a biphasic single pulse and about 300 repetitions applied with 1.1 Hz. The figure shows also the position of the TMS coil.
Beside g.USBamp-RESEARCH, TMS can also be used with g.HIamp-RESEARCH and g.Nautilus. The stimulation artifact with passive electrodes is typically 2 ms long, for active electrodes it is around 6 ms.