g.tec's Solution for your Teaching and Research Environment
g.tec offers complete solutions for your professional academic teaching- and research-lab! The BCI teaching lab is designed for Universities to run biomedical engineering, computer science, signal processing or brain-computer interface lectures, across 1 or 2 terms. Students can quickly get started running ready-to-go experiments with P300, SSVEP or motor imagery to learn all necessary tasks. Students will also be assigned problem-solving challenges during the teaching lectures. The BCI Teaching Lab features videos, expert talks, and hands-on experience that provide important methods to inspire users and develop innovative solutions. After successful completion of the first term, students develop their own BCI solution and interface the system with Facebook, a robotic device, or another systems to complete the second term at the University. After these two steps, students are fit for doing a master thesis in the area of BCIs, working on EEG acquisition, paradigm design, signal processing, application development or validating the effectiveness of their new solutions.
The BCI Teaching Lab creates an interdisciplinary environment where students with different backgrounds (electrical or biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, neuroscience, psychology, biology, journalism, etc...) get a chance to interact and work as a team. This interdisciplinary approach allows more students to learn about BCI technology, providing a new and immersive teaching opportunity with a great value for Universities.
The system is MATLAB-based and includes all hardware and software components needed for data acquisition, real-time and off-line data analysis, data classification and provides neurofeedback.
The teaching lab BCI system comes with a g.USBamp with 16 channels. The amplifier transmits the data over USB to the computer. With the software package High-Speed Online Processing under SIMULINK, you can read the biosignal data directly into SIMULINK. SIMULINK blocks are used to visualize and store the data. The parameter extraction and classification can be performed with standard SIMULINK blocks, the g.RTanalyze library or self-written S-functions.
After the EEG data acquisition, the data can be analyzed with g.BSanalyze, the EEG and classification toolbox.
With ready-to-use BCI sample applications, you can develop state-of-the-art BCI experiments within a few hours. g.tec started to develop BCI systems more than 15 years ago. Therefore, all important BCI functions are included in the package and can easily be used and modified.
Get a bundled package including everything you need:
- hardware and software for 4, 8 or 16 systems for data acquisition
- processing and analysis
- practical examples, books and lectures
- PowerPoint slides and videos
- installation and training, webinars
- expert talks at your site
- student internships at g.tec, supported master theses
- certificates for lecturers and students
- official listing as "certified BCI teaching partner institution"
- Complete BCI solutions for teaching and research with EEG and ECoG
- Ready to go paradigms for spelling, robot and cursor control
- Make your students and lab members ready for neuroengineering
- Unique interdisciplinary teaching approach that brings students from different backgrounds together
- Expert talks at your site to inspire students
- Seamless integration of real-time experiments and off-line analysis
- Out of the box solution to run experiments quickly
- Installation and training
- The only environment that supports all BCI approaches (P300, SSVEP, motor imagery, slow waves)
- MATLAB/Simulink Rapid Prototyping environment speeds up the development time
"The BCI teaching lab gives my students the unique opportunity to learn data acquisition, signal processing and experimental design within one class".
- Dr. Nima Mesgarani, Columbia University, USA
"The BCI teaching labs are a great way to learn the different skills needed for real-time BCIs and other biomedical signal processing applications."
- Dr. Brendan Allison, UCSD, USA
"The BCI teaching lab allows students to dive deeply into neuroengineering, a very quickly growing and important field".
- Dr. Christoph Guger, CEO g.tec, Austria
BCI teaching lab plan
The following BCI lab plan shows the included hardware and software items.
Very important is that many ready-to-go real-time experiments are included (P300 spelling, motor imagery cursor control, SSVEP robot control, CSP motor imagery stroke rehabilitation, vibro-tactile P300, Ping-Pong game, hyperscanning experiment for up to 8 persons, hybrid BCI for muscle and EEG control, EMG/EOG control,....).